21 October 2010

Work Update

It's been so long since I've blogged, that I figure I have to dedicate at least one whole post to work.

*collective groan*
(This isn't work - it's from when I was in Oregon. I just think it's a FABULOUS shot of us. Plus, I love my outfit/shoes.)
There is no other way to put it: I am a workaholic. That is ALL I do.

I was recently made manager of our newest (and largest EVER) Client. The day before I left for Oregon, Nick (the manager of the program I manage - It makes sense, just trust me) came to my boss, Christy and closed her door, which never happens. She came in a few minutes later as I was closing up for the weekend and told me that we had to change my signature in my emails. She changed it from "Content Associate" to "Content Manager" and then said, "Congratulations." It was great! I was so overwhelmed for quite a while there, but after last week (this update will come in a minute...keep reading) everything took a turn for the better.

When I was in Oregon, John called me to tell me that he had an interview and test set up for my department the Wednesday I came back from vacation. That was quite an experience. It was super weird hearing him in an interview and then seeing him for the first time in almost one year. I don't think there are words. Christy and Mayu both loved him in the interview and then his test was surprising in a few ways. He didn't use "track changes" correctly - he did it the hard way - and he got REALLY far. He's been with us for almost 2 weeks and is doing really well.

Thursday, 14 October was our all hands meeting at work where they do all the major updates for the past 2 months and announce the employees of the approaching 2 months. Mayu was announced as one employee of the month and then Christy kept talking and announced the second employee of the month was yours truly: ME! I was so touched by the things she was saying about me. There is no better feeling than hearing how appreciated you are by your co-workers (and superiors). I'm so greatful that I could make her proud and ease some of her stress at work. I love her and the leadership she brings to our department.

Ok. I think that's it for the work updates for now.

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. I told you all that John would be in more posts, more frequently. Maybe one day I'll even put a picture up or something.
2. Chelsea is getting to know John a lot now because she works with him, goes to church with him, and John lives with one of Chelsea's closer friends. She is constantly telling me how John is NOT AT ALL what she pictured. hahahaha. I never said I had good taste or that I was only going to date the popular kid.
3. I have 2 new books to read. ...I just need to find the time.
4. Along with employee of the month came a bonus. I'm putting toward my next big purchase.
5. John sings in the choir that I joined with my boss. He is EVERYWHERE.

3 comments:

KP said...

hmm, maybe john is everywhere because you two are supposed to fall madly in love with eachother?!!

that's awesome you're employee of the month. way to go, elle!!!
so proud of you.

miss you so much!

Lauren MacKenzie Conley said...

You are DEAD wrong. We are not going to fall in love.

But thanks for the congrats!

Life with the Conleys said...

I LOVE the picture of you and Alli! Seriously, the skirt and the shoes...LOVE THEM! Being employee of the month is pretty cool (ok, very cool) but you are totally rocking that outfit.