20 October 2010

Trip to See a Friend

I needed to take a vacation before work spiralled out of control. So, I packed up and flew to Klamath to see my Stella!

I flew right in to Klamath and guess what? NO ONE WAS WAITING FOR ME!

*guilt trip*

It turns out, my flight arrived like half an hour early. So really, I was only alone for approximately 3.8 minutes and then Alli and Nic were there to get me. With a sign. Hahaha!

I cannot thank Alli and especially Nic enough for letting me come and crash at their place. I don't think that Nic knew what he was getting himself into when he agreed to let me come for the entire weekend.








We went hot tubbing at Alli's parents house.

Nic had coupons for free 15 minute fabulous water massages (I don't think I've been more relaxed since before Gramps died).
We, of course, made treats, treats, and more treats.

This is just scratching the surface. Needless to say, I was SUPER depressed to come home. I can't wait to go back one day.

Thank you again, Nic, for letting me steal your wife's attention for a few days. I love you both!!

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. United screwed me on my flight home. BUT, I got a $150 certificate to use on any flight in the US. Now, I just have to decide if I want to use it to go to Shauna's homecoming (HOLY COW she'll be home soon) or go to Seattle to see my sibs/nieces.
2. I love having my sister-in-law (future) live with me. She's a constant buddy and I adore her. She fits right in with all of us. And John commented on how close we are last night. (Yes, John is back...brace yourselves for future posts.)
3. I've started going to choir practice with my boss from work and I am in HEAVEN. I can't comprehend how it is that something as simple as singing is relieving so much of my stress...
4. I have so much going through my head 24/7. I can't think...

2 comments:

nison (nic + allison) said...

You got a gift certificate?! Lucky! It was so good to see you! I need to come visit you now when I have a break from work...haha

Lauren MacKenzie Conley said...

Can I come back??

It's too crazy here!