19 October 2010

Blue October ...again...

I'm super behind in my blogging and I apologize. Allow me to back-blog for the next few days.

In case you all haven't noticed, I'm a HUGE Blue October fan.

Their latest tour is called, "Pick up the Phone," and goes towards raising suicide awareness. There's a suicide hotline out there that the lead singer, Justin, is a large advocate for because he's called it.

The opening act was Parlotones from Johannesburg, South Africa. They were slightly more emo (in fashion) than I prefer, but they were actually pretty legit and decent. I'm going to look into buying their CD as soon as I have life enough to go and search a music shop.

I always enjoy seeing newer bands that don't have that much live exposure because of their quirks. For example, the Parlotones drummer was visibly keeping time. I could read his lips and see the beat count. It was classic.

Then, Blue October came out.

OH.

MY.

GOSH.

I still can't believe how amazing they are live, even after all of this time. Just thinking about it makes me yearn for another concert!!

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. CB Hudson.
2. Justin Furstenfeld.
3. Ryan Delahoussaye.
4. Matt Noveskey.
5. Jeremy Furstenfeld.
6. Chelsea. Thanks for going with me again. :)

No comments: