02 June 2010

Music = Love.

I don't usually watch a lot of TV (let alone reality shows), but I've watched So You Think You Can Dance off and on since it started a few years back. What I always find interesting about this show (aside from the dancing that I am TOTALLY jealous of) is the fact that they always use music that most people don't know - except me.

Ok - that last bit isn't entirely true. It feels like that though. I'll find some obscure band by surfing youtube, or randomly perusing iTunes. For instance, last year, someone danced to "Hometown Glory" by Adele when no one really knew her but I had been singing "Chasing Pavements" and "First Love" for at least 6 months prior. And then tonight, the show used Florence + the Machine's "Dog Days Are Over." It seems like no one in the US knew Florence + the Machine. I only found them by scrolling through youtube videos of German artists. (Random, I know.)

Anyway. Again on tonight's episode I was reminded how much I adore Priscilla Ahn when they started playing "Dream."


Love it.

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. Singing. I can't stop.
2. My trip to the zoo on Monday didn't quite pan out, but it was still an excellent day. One day, I'll blog about it. Maybe.
3. The more time I spend with Bryce, the more I realize how much I've missed him. But the normal way these days.
4. I'll find out in ONE WEEK if my job wants to keep me or not. I'm praying and crossing my fingers.
5. Nicole is gone - moved to Utah.
6. I bought a Wii. Go ahead; judge me. But man, it's fun and the sword fighting is definitely my new stress reliever until I think I can handle Ashley's old Tae Bo videos.
7. Ashley's old Tae Bo videos. Ha.
8. I have some ridiculous e-mail conversations with Auditors at work.
9. GothPod phase out. Wish me luck because I already desperately need it.
10. Hick-hop. WOW.

1 comment:

Mason Manor said...

ah Tae bo. Fun times. Lots of good college memories.