15 June 2010

Someone Please Solve My Problem...

I can't do this one on my own.

I have stewed over this since I first got hired at SQA as an intern.

We hired another intern this week - his name is Ted. We're slated to hire 3 more interns for our department alone because of this totally awesome $12 million deal we signed with a MAJOR corporation that will remain nameless on the internet. We need the extra man power because today and yesterday I put in 10-hour days and I'm probably going to have to keep that rate up along with my 2 bosses until we hire our other 3 interns.

The problem is, these interns can't be just anyone. They have to be Editors with at least a Bachelor's degree in English. I tried to convince Elliot to move down here to work, but he's training to become a seminary teacher and can't come right away. (I fully intend to hound him until he breaks though...hahaha!) And I've already coaxed Jenni into moving down from San Francisco (potentially...she's submitted her resume and we're looking for somewhere for her to live right now).

I only know one other person who is qualified: GothPod - or some of you may know him as Beetlejuice.

Ah, yes, the infamous GP...

I know he's searching diligently for a job (he's done census worker, pool cleaner, and his most recent job is a Cutco salesman...) because he tells me when we talk and I see the FB updates. He's still waiting to hear if the TSA wants him. I know it's the Christian thing to do to tell him about the opening(s), but herein lies the dilemma.

My bosses both know the history between GP and I, and because of this, they don't want him. I've told them that he's beyond qualified - every bit as good as me, but that I hesitate because my feelings are conflicted. I don't doubt his ability.

I've prayed about telling him about the job opening (despite Christy and Mayu's distaste for the situation/him) and haven't really received an answer yet. I've run over and over in my head whether my hesitation about telling him is because I'm hurt by how he treated me in the end or because I doubt his patience required to do the work. (Its a combination of the 2 and an additional factor, in case you were wondering.)

I just can't figure this one out. And this is just touching the surface of the problem. There are so many scenarios to consider no matter what I decide to do. I'm swimming in this one and can't breathe.

Please, someone tell me what to do.

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. The post that will magically appear at 7 AM on 16 June 2010 right here on "A Work in Progress."
2. Wii swordfighting - it's saving me.
3. I have officially discovered I do not like to be called, "Babe."

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Aww your job sounds so great; I'm sad it didn't work out for me. :^(

I don't like being called "babe" or saying it either.