11 April 2010

Updates.

I haven't blogged in a while, so I figured I'd do that today.

My birthday went well - had fun. Nothing flashy, but it was still a very nice day. I was SUPER surprised to hear from Elliot. He sent me a text and I darn near cried just reading it. It wasn't anything extraordinary, all it said was "Happy birthday" but I felt enormously special with those 2 little words. Same with Kyle. I've never met Kyle - we just FB chat and stuff - but he sent me the nicest note. I have some truly amazing people in my life.

On the flip side of the truly amazing - guess who's back? Goth pod. What a battle. (I semi-jest. It's not a total disaster - it just makes life more interesting/stressful.)

I'm still having a blast at my job. We're getting a new intern for my team tomorrow morning - the only boy on our side of the building. We'll see how he does. hahaha.

I'm pretty sure Mishi is going to die any day now. From natural causes - not from us murdering him, surprisingly. He's stealing things more and more lately (which Chelsea's cat did right before she died), he SMELLS like 4 bags of rotten eggs, and he's so skinny that when he lays down he pretty much disappears. Here's hoping...

My goals I wrote down and posted on my tack board to keep me motivated have had NO effect. hahaha. Okay, that's not true. All but one of them.

Jereme is getting ready to head back to Idaho and I'm flipping out that I don't have to do that. I feel like I should be panicking about packing and saying goodbye to my friends and family, but I don't. I just have to sit here. It's SO weird. I'm going to miss him lots and lots.

That's about it, I guess. It's not very exciting around here anymore.

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. Never, EVER underestimate the magical healing power of a hot bubble bath and your favorite band.
2. Listening to music that you haven't listened to in a while cause you overplayed it. Man, I forgot how much I love Melody Gardot.
3. I'm so glad the weekend is over and I get to go back to work. Life sucks on the weekend.
4. Chelsea totally grossed me out just now on FB chat. Not a lot grosses me out, but I seriously thought I was going to throw up on my computer.
5. I'm glad I decided to go to South Bay singles' ward. Yeah, it sucks and there's like 10 people in it, but that's basically the only way I've been able to see Bryce lately. He's so nice to humor me by sitting by me in Sacrament AND Sunday school.

1 comment:

nison (nic + allison) said...

What do you mean Goth Pod is back?! Excuse me?