19 April 2010

Life is Pretty Good...

So we have a new intern at work. He's been with us for one week today, and I'm still on the fence about him. Honestly, I question what my bosses were thinking when they hired him. I KNOW, I KNOW, he's only been with us for a week, but he's driving me bonkers because I am training him. I escalated it to Christy, though, because he's just not absorbing what I tell him. Despite the stresses he brings to the job, he's very nice and personable. And I still LOVE my job.

I got a letter from Shauna today. She is amazing. I love reading her blog (Thanks Jayne!), and her letters are like a concentrated dose of her blog. That probably has something to do with the fact that her letters are tailored perfectly to me. hahaha. Yes, I'm that self-centered. She sounds super happy and I love that she still talks boys with me. hahaha. I love hearing her talk to me through her handwriting - so funny. I miss her lots and can't believe she's only got like 10 months left. WEIRD.


Bryce sent in an audition video to "Glee" (best show on TV, by the way) all about how he should be on it not because its his life's ambition, not because he's an amazing singer (which he is), but because he has cancer. That kid milks it for all it is worth. If you want to help this poor, unfortunate cancer-ridden, kind soul get a role on "Glee," click here. (You can also click there if you want to laugh/realize your life could be so much worse/listen to Bryce to sing - it's a multi-functional link.) To vote for him, click on "Give a Gold Star." (Really, please do this - I want him on "Glee" SO BAD!!)
note: He is joking. Sort of. He is dying of cancer, but a lot of that video is supposed to be quasi-satirical. I don't want to offend anyone...

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. I love how the Lord knows what we need and exactly when to give it to us.
2. We broke a record today at work. Two hours later, we broke that record.
3. New books. I had to fight to put it down last night so I could sleep. I love Anna McPartlin - highly recommend her.
4. Chilling with Scott on Saturday night. We watched pieces of 2 basketball games, made virgin pina coladas, a peach/cherry cobbler, and watched "Zombieland." It was SO fun. I'm going to miss that kid.
5. I wish I could take my own advice, but at the same time, I laugh a lot more when I don't.

No comments: