22 April 2010

HELP!

I am in a music slump.

I still have my favorite bands like Blue October

...And a few others. But I haven't found anything new that I like lately.

Jereme bought me an iTunes gift card for my birthday and I have yet to use it. It's like leaving Barnes and Noble empty-handed: traumatizing.

So, if anyone has a good band, I definitely need some suggestions.

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. The last 2 nights. (:
2. Anna McPartlin. I love her books and her writing style. She cracks me up and writes about realistic scenarios in a way that everyone can relate to and be touched by. Every time I pick up a new book by her, I find myself and my friends on the pages.
3. When I got home from work today, my mom had put an opened card on my computer. I opened it and saw it was from Bryce thanking my family for letting him be a part of it. I am so grateful that my family has always been so open to basically adopting my friends. I really do love that my friends are so comfortable here and know they're ALWAYS welcome.
4. I (potentially) get to see Alli in August. I'M SO EXCITED!
5. "Glee." Geez, the Madonna episode from this week (replaying Friday night) was A-MAZING, and I don't even really like Madonna.

5 comments:

nison (nic + allison) said...

That's right. I made your list! I should be #1 but oh and well. haha I also love Anna McPartlin thanks to you! :) Any other good author suggestions?

Lauren Conley said...

New rule: No asking for suggestions without first giving one. I mean, honestly, the ENTIRE POST was about needing music suggestions.

You first.

KP said...

wait you're visiting ali!?
come see mee too!!!

Lauren Conley said...

No, no, no.
Alli is going to San Diego and that's like 3 hours away from me.

hahaha.

Life with the Conleys said...

Do you ever listen to Pandora? If not, you should try it. I have found a lot of really good artists that I hadn't ever heard before. You should try it.