18 March 2010

A Job Update

It's been 4 whole days and I'm still loving my job.

hahahaha.

My friend keeps referring to it as the "job honeymoon stage," but I don't think I'll ever have a problem working there. My bosses Chrsity and Mayu are SO nice. Even when things are crazy like they have been for the last 2 days (and when I say crazy, I mean absolutely insane), Christy and Mayu are positive and have great senses of humor. We laugh through all of the horrible-everything-that-could-go-wrong-can-and-has stuff, and keep on working.

Christy makes sure I'm constantly snacking, which is going to have to stop. I've made a few friends around the office, and Christy and Mayu want me to sit in on the interviews they're doing for the other content intern starting tomorrow. They've been going over resumes and cover letters like crazy since March 3, and so far have only liked one person enough to hire: ME!

(I know, it's weird to me, too.)

I've been getting through 4 audits a day. The audits are usually around 14 pages long, and I've gotten to the point where I'm asking less questions, finding more errors, and looking at the template a lot less, which is good, and apparently impressive.

I got my official SQA email address, phone number, computer, and laptop the other day. Here's where it gets interesting though: I don't have a phone. I have a phone number, but no phone. They're moving our office soon to a different section of the building, and that is when I'll get all set up. (When I get all set up, I'll have 3 computer screens to work off of!)

Basically, I can't gush enough about my job: I am COMPLETELY, 100% enamored with my job.

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. The past few days, I've come home from work, changed my clothes, ate dinner, and then laid on my floor for a while (which is like laying on plywood). I like my job, but I'm sore.
2. I get to see Chelsea tomorrow! WOO HOO!! It feels like it's been forever when really, it's just been since Sunday.
3. The videos Ashley has been posting of Rachel talking.
4. I work in a building right across the street from the mall (in PV, for those of you from around here), and in the PV mall there is a Borders. (It's not Barnes and Noble, but really, at this point, I'm not going to split hairs.) There is also a library there.
5. We have a basket ball hoop in our parking lot. Also, the Head of IT leads anyone who wants to participate in this super-intense work out a few times a week. Once I get in shape, I'll have to try it out. Hahaha.

2 comments:

Mason Manor said...

I'm glad you're liking your job. Sounds like a sweet deal. :)

Unknown said...

I am so glad you like your job! It really is a wonderful feeling!