12 March 2010

100th Post and Good News!


What a better way to celebrate my 100th post than with some totally awesome, rocking, good news??

I got a job!

...okay, so it's a paid internship, but let's not split hairs, shall we?

I am now a part of the content team at SQA Services, Inc. SQA stands for Supply Quality Assurance, and let me give a bit of a run down of what we do. A major corporation like GlaxoSmithKline will hire SQA to send an auditor out to a manufacturing plant somewhere in the world. The auditor will examine the plant based on our standards and the standards of the corporation that hired SQA to make sure the manufacturing plant is up to par and doing everything correctly. The auditors then write up their reports - and here is where my role comes in to play. I will then edit the audits (that's fun to say out loud - go ahead, give it a try...) and after they're checked out and some revisions are done as necessary, they go back to the corporation that hired us and then CAPA (Corrective Action/Preventive Action) takes place, and everyone is happy.

I'm so excited to be getting into my field. I was applying for pretty much everything under the sun, hoping that somewhere down the road of life, I would get into editing like I've wanted to. But this is just perfect. The office is only 10 minutes away from my house, I already like the people I'll be working for (that I've met so far), and can't get over the fact that I was chosen. After the internship is over, they are hoping to hire at least one intern. Last I heard they wanted 2-3 interns - AND I'M ONE OF THEM!

...Again, I'm super happy.

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. I can't believe I got such a lucky break. This just goes to show the power of prayer and fasting. God blesses those who have faith enough to ask.
2. The first thing I did after I told my family was email Brother Allen and tell him the good news. I also thanked him. I had so many teachers in Idaho that I absolutely adored, and taught me so much. I miss them, but I miss them just a little less today.
3. Jereme is super sweet. He keeps running errands with me. I have such a great brother!
4. Peasant pasta tonight. :D YUM.
5. 100 posts and still blogging. I'm impressed I kept it up. And I'm sorry for all of you that I bother. hahaha.

3 comments:

Life with the Conleys said...

Woohoo! Congratulations Lauren! That is really exciting news and I am so happy for you!

KP said...

I AM SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU, ELLE! :)
I MISS YOU TONS BUT KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. YAY!!!!!!
WAY TO GO GIRL! WOOOOHOoo!!!
I BET YOU GET THE JOB. I MEAN COME ON. PLEASE. THEY WOULD HAVE TO BE IDIOTS NOT TO PICK YOU. YOU HAVE AN AWESOME WORK ETHIC (WHEN YOU WANT TO) AND... YOUR CUTE, FUNNY, AND YA.
PS I HAVE NO CLUE WHY I AM WRITING IN ALL CAPS HAHAHAA! LOVES!!!!

nison (nic + allison) said...

Yay Mac! I'm so happy for you! The Lord always blesses us. :) I'm glad that you blog - I love reading your blog.