21 February 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things!

These are a few of my favorite things. I should warn you - some of them will be ironic.

1. You know how you get sick of wearing your favorite pair of jeans, so you shove them in the back of the closet, or the bottom of the drawer, or whatever? And then, on a random laundry day somewhere down the road, you pull them out and put them on. You then look in the mirror and realize your already-cute-butt looks a MILLION times more fabulous in the jeans you banished a few months ago? Yep. Totally happened to me today. I am officially putting my "Common Genes" jeans back in the rotation: priority level 1.
2. Clean sheet day. I mean, it's not like I crawl into bed every night covered in mud, or anything, but clean sheet day makes me ridiculously, nerdishly, happy.
3. I was in a completely rotten mood yesterday as soon as Chelsea and Nicole got to my house. We ran over to Barnes and Noble to look for a teaching book Nicole needed. As soon as we walked in the store, I said, "I'm going upstairs. See you later," and disappeared for about an hour. At the end of the hour, I was a whole new, happy, peppy, perky, who-the-heck-is-this-happy-chick chick.
4. Sitting in Nicole's car parked outside of my house from 10:30 pm - 12:30 am with Nicole and Chelsea. We were cracking up basically the whole time.
5. Feeling cute even when you've spent the day lounging around the house in your spare pajama t-shirt, recently re-discovered favorite jeans with big curly hair (which according to your parent's best friend reflects your bubbly personality and should therefore be worn big and curly more often).
6. For some reason I ALWAYS trim the nail on my left pointer finger crooked. Not just crooked - it comes out at like a 45 degree angle, but only when you look at it a certain way. I don't know how to explain it.
7. Craving chocolate milk shakes every 2 days. And then, of course, on a Sunday when you can't do anything about it.
8. I've always wanted to be a singer. Still do. A jazz singer. Or, on Broadway.
9. I was laughing while I watched Love in the Time of Cholera today. And yes, the story is as depressing as the title suggests.
10. A few days before Valentine's Day, my mom asked me what kind of candy I would like, as a treat. I told her I didn't really know, cause if you know me, I'm not a big candy-eater. (Surprise, surprise, I know...) I never did get back to her about what kind of candy I would like the most. But on Valentine's Day, I woke up and sitting on top of my laptop was a bag of apple flavored Sour Punch Straws. It just so happens that I LOVE those, and forgot. Kind of like the jeans.
11. I haven't cried about John yet. I don't know why. I have, however, laughed about John. A lot.
12. Pulling pranks. I haven't been pranking lately. But after last night, I think I need to start up again. But I need a different crew to roll with. The crew I was working with last night wasn't very helpful to the process.
13. Skype dates. So "date" could be a bit of a stretch. It just so happened that this guy that I've never met, but am friends with on FB, and I rented the same movie on the same night. So we decided to watch it together via Skype. It was fun.
14. My shampoo makes my hair smell like slurpees. Consequently, I crave slurpees quite frequently lately.

Again, these are just a few things. And I figure that since this whole list is a favorites things, I won't do a small list of things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today list. Peace out, my loves.

1 comment:

nison (nic + allison) said...

Reading these make me miss you. :( I love the things you love - they are so you!