19 October 2009

Missionary Mail!


Shauna wrote me a letter a little bit ago and sent to California because I didn't have my address here in Rexburg when she left.

It arrived today!!

It's so funny how her handwriting totally made me nostalgic. I almost started to cry when I saw it. (I've been running a fever of around 100 degrees for the last about 3 days, so that's what I blame it on...) I haven't gotten a hand written letter from a missionary prob since Eric was out...

The letter was 100% Shauna. And it made my day. I could totally hear her when I read it - it was almost like when we used to talk on the phone when she was in NYC and I was in Seattle. hahaha. I've missed her cute little voice. And the growl.

Oh, the growl.

Some funny(direct) quotes:
  • "Oh my gosh - must write Lauren ASAP"
  • "Do you have any MC's - who are single? HaHa!"
  • "Well, can you believe I've been on my mission for over a month? 1/18 of my way through."
  • She asked if I was going to AZ for KP's wedding and then said, "You could always stay at my house! Just call Jayne. Seriously. Call."

Ahh, I miss her. And a lot of other awesome people, but today - mostly Shauna.

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:

  1. Thermometers.
  2. Tylenol cold multi-symptom severe. It's AMAZING.
  3. My mom pushing me to go after Goth Pod. It's funny. And scary cause I'm starting to listen to her.
  4. Inappropriate prank texting.
  5. USPS.
  6. 3 boys, in various relationship statuses, all talking at once on the phone to see why I wasn't in school today.
  7. I know that I can totally call Shauna's family to stay with them if I need to be in AZ.
  8. Job hook ups.
  9. I haven't put gas in my car since September 15th and I still have a little over a quarter of a tank left. I love my little car.

1 comment:

nison (nic + allison) said...

I totally agree with your mom to go after Goth Pod - I have told you this from the beginning.
I got a letter from Shauna yesterday as well! So could hear her voice!