22 August 2009

Roommate Reunion 2009!

I'm sorry it's been a while, but it's been madness - as I'm sure you'll realize throughout the next week as I'm posting.

Let me start with my trip to Arizona! I went to Phoenix for Shauna's farewell and stayed with Kellie and her family. Alli came down also and stayed with Shauna. It was great. We all got to be together for the first time since Winter semester 2008! I definitely think it should be an annual reunion.

KP picked me up from the airport on Thursday 8-13 and we headed over to ASU to get her books and find her classes. It was fun to see the campus and REALLY fun to help KP find her books. (I love bookstores...)

After that we went to KP's house and I got to meet Betty and Doug before I got to meet KP's boyfriend, Kyle. He's super nice, in case anyone wanted to know. Then we headed over to Shauna's house to visit them and get us all together.

On Friday we did some shopping at the Scottsdale Fashion center and then went to dinner at BJ's. Kyle and his friend Curtis met up with us and then we went back to Shauna's to watch Elf and hang out. On Saturday, Shauna and Alli came out to Gilbert to meet up with me and KP and we went shopping again, and then grabbed quick bite at Paradise Bakery. It was KP's sister's birthday that weekend, so while KP and her family celebrated on Saturday and Sunday together I went with Shauna and Alli and Shauna's family to dinner (thank you so much Jayne and Paul!).


After that we headed to a water park called Sun Splash. We went from 7-11pm, which was perfect because it was still like 90-ish degrees, but the sun wasn't shining, so I didn't get fried. GREAT! Although, I did almost die. Okay, I'm exaggerating a little bit. There was this one ride called The Cauldron. They shoot you down a fairly steep, straight, waterslide into what amounts to a toiletbowl. You swirl around in there for a minute and theoretically you drop through a hole feet first into 9 feet of water, at which point you can just exit the pool. Yeah. So I'm swirling around for a little bit and then something...happens. I still don't really know what. Somehow I ended up going through the hole head first. It was creepy.


Sunday was Shauna's farewell. I got to meet all of Shauna's family, which was SO fun! (I've got some connections now for when I become an editor!) Everyone is SO nice! Every sibling and their spouse came up to me and wanted to know everything about me. I felt like a Sargent all day. Alli's mom had also flown in, which was fun. I love Suzanne and it was great to see her again! Shauna did so well on her talk and I'm super excited for her to go to Paraguay! She's going to be an excellent missionary! Por Favor (spoken with the valley girl accent and Shauna growl)!

Monday Alli went home, but me and KP spent the day being lazy butts. Kyle and his friend came over to swim and then KP, Shauna and I went to see The Time Traveler's Wife. It was SO good. I loved it. It was different from what I thought it would be, but still AMAZING!
On Tuesday night, I flew home. Before I left though, KP and I went to another mall and walked around for a bit and then perused the shelves at Barnes and Noble.

As a fun little side note, part of the reason for going to AZ included seeing how I liked the state and if I could survive the heat, since I'm thinking of moving there once I graduate. I survived the heat with only 2 full blown migranes out of 6 days (that's a miracle in itself, I tell you) and I loved so much about Arizona.

All in all, it was a great trip and I can't wait until the next Roommate Reunion!

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today (basically inside jokes from the trip...):
1. So Alli...
2. Shauna's growl.
3. Dying the way you came into the world.
4. My headband.
5. People who speak Spanish with a lisp.
6. Pan cookies.
7. omgosh.
8. Getting so many of my favorite people together in one spot.
9. Betty & Doug for letting me for crash their place and being so kind.
10. The Sargents for being so great and letting me crash their parties.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

hahahha, so many good inside jokes. i love. glad you survived the heat of az...and the cauldron. lol!! but seriously, thanks for making the trip over here.....it was AWES!! i love you and alli and it was so fun to see the both of you! yay.

mom-jayne said...

We loved having you here with us Lauren!! After all these years it was fun to finally get to know you a little bit. Thanks for being here to support Shauna!! Remember our offer to crash here while you are trying to sort things out for your move to the Sunshine State!!!