08 July 2009

A Pleasant Surprise

A few weekends ago, Chelsea and Nicole came to Rexburg for a surprise visit!


They were in cahoots with my mom and Jereme (sneaky devils) and I'm completely impressed that both Chelsea and Nicole were able to keep the secret. Naturally, my mom and Jereme can, but those two haven't ever kept something secret so well in their lives! Of course, they weren't talking to me while they were planning it, so that probably helped a lot! hahaha!

Jereme had emailed me and asked me if I would want to get lunch with him on a Thursday, so we went to Wendy's and as I was starting in on my French fries a pair of hands went over my eyes, which I recognized! It was Nicole!! And as soon as I looked around I saw Chelsea too! I was completely surprised! It was fabulous!

I didn't really know what to do with them, but we had a blast anyway. I had no clue I could fit 3 people and all of their stuff in my tiny bedroom, but we made it work (I wish I had taken pictures of that...)! It was a lot of eating out at all of the places we don't have in California like Craigos and Papa Kelsey's. We went to Best of Guitars Unplugged and they even came to my classes with me on Friday morning. I think it was a bit of a culture shock for them to be able to discuss gospel principles in secular classes and start everything on campus with prayer.

We went to the Nature Preserve one day to feed the ducks and all of the fledglings were out - cute little guys!

All in all, it was way fun to have the Variety Pack in Rexburg, at last!

Now, to get Bryce up here before I graduate. (Not going to happen, I know...)

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. Planning my trip to AZ with Kellie for Shauna's farewell.
2. Exactly 2 more weeks until the end of the semester.
3. I will be taking Bryce to radiation when I'm in California (at 5:30 am) at least once - maybe more... I don't really know how many days I volunteered for. I'm just glad to be doing something.
4. The crazy guys I sit next to in Math. They're hilarious.
5. Todd's amazing InDesign skills. Who knew?!

3 comments:

Mason Manor said...

thats a cute pic of the three of you. how fun!

nison (nic + allison) said...

Fun fun fun! I'm so excited to see you in AZ! :)

KP said...

yay! can't wait for you and alli to arrive. its going to be the greatest!!!! :)