30 June 2009

Freaky, Dark and Weird.


Apparently liking bands like Blue October and Ours makes you all of these things.

I'm alright with being weird. I think EVERYONE is weird in their own ways. Am I dark? This semester, with everything that is going on, a little bit, yes. But definitely not to the extreme that I would be if I didn't have a better perspective and handle on eternity than I do right now. Put me in this exact same situation 9 years ago and boy I would probably scare you to death. But freaky??

How does liking bands that have original beats and totally rocking lyrics (both bands, by the way) make me freaky? And does that take into account the fact that I said I like everything from Big Band to classical, to pop, to rap, to oldies? Probably not.

Then there's the argument to be made of all of the other ...odd... things I've said in my Humanities class. Yeah, taken out of context, they would probably help me on my way to being Freaky, Dark and Weird. But to that argument I say: "At least I can look at a situation from a perspective you are OBVIOUSLY incapable of." Do I make any apologies for having an opinion other than Mormon Standard BYU-Idaho Norm? NEVER. Do I make any apologies for being a free-thinking, intelligent, confident person? NEVER. Do I make any apologies for not being obsessed with Hannah Montana or Britney Spears? Definitely not.

If these things make me Freaky, Dark and Weird, what does the lack of these things make you? A Lemming, Unoriginal and "Normal"?

I'll stick with Freaky, Dark and Weird, thank you.

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. Blue October on August 5th!!!!
2. Disneyland with Bryce soon. (Front of the line for Chemo patients, right?)
3. Grannie's house sold!!
4. Chris and his incredibly inappropriate sexist jokes in the library today.
5. The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear, by Walter Moers.
6. Talking with Katie today.
7. ThinkGeek.com
8. Getting a book from Brother Jensen today in Humanities.
9. Seeing Shauna, Kellie, and Alli in August! O. M. G. CAN'T. WAIT.

4 comments:

KP said...

i love you so much!! and i agree with the above post. you are awesome. maybe a little freaky. but that's why you are my "L" :) (especially cuz you love me tho i am waaaay freaky too hehe) I LOVE YOU!!!!! wait. calling you today. just decided. cant wait until august holy cow.

Shauna said...

everyone has their own quirks! it's good to be different! don't let all those byu-idahoans tell you otherwise!! hahaha.

can't wait to see you!

RS said...

Who the heck called you freaky, dark, and weird? -Katie F. S.

Lauren MacKenzie Conley said...

KATIE FARISH!

How are you??

It was some girl in my Humanities class that only talks to me IN class.

What's your blog address?