25 June 2009

I Promise I'm NOT Sacreligious...

...It just seems that way!

There is seriously something wrong with me.

I did a post about my Humanities art project - the Vanitas paintings (a genre of painting entirely dedicated to death and mortality, always including a skull), remember?

And I did a post about how much I enjoyed Satan's soliloquies from Paradise Lost, by John Milton for my Humanities class.

I've done it again, folks. In a whole new genre.

We've just entered the music section of our course and we're starting with Johann Sebastian Bach and his Easter Oratorio, Christmas Oratorio, and St. Matthew Passion. I was assigned Movements 1-23 of the St. Matthew Passion (GORGEOUS, by the way) to listen to, gain insight from and present my findings for class today.

I picked a beautiful Recitative between Judas, Jesus and Evangelist (who, as it turns out, is Matthew!) to share with the class because it was honestly, a beautiful Movement. As I was presenting it, I actually used the phrase, "I just love Judas!"

...And as a side note, I wrote my 7 page paper about Satan's role in Paradise Lost and titled it, "All I Ever Need to Know I Learned from Satan." It was supposed to be a pun on the "Everything I Need to Know I Learned in ___" series, but I doubt it's going to come off that way after all of the above mentioned incidents.

If I could beat myself for shame, I would.

What is wrong with me?!

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. Looking at editorial positions (both internships and jobs) online.
2. All of the very random pictures of Matthew that Katie sent me today.
3. Seeing Shazer outside the Math Lab. That kid cracks me up.
4. The nerd in the Math Lab that helped me do my homework (2 problems that we never did solve...)
5. Driving around today with my windows down scream-singing "Blue Skies" by Blue October while there actually were blue skies.
6. Seeing Jessica on campus.
7. Getting the due dates wrong on my Angels and Demons paper for my Rhetoric Study class. I keep turning it in a week early for each submission because I'm just that dumb.
8. Seeing my Mom and Grannie in a week. Yep, one week.
9. My sister. She's great. She found me a potential editing job online! (Love you!)
10. Seeing Carly Fullmer (I don't know her married name) and her 2 kids (plus .5 cause she's preggers again) in Broulims!

No comments: