14 June 2009

Rain! Rain! Hooray!

This blog is going to basically be a long (or rather, more indepth) things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today (so I won't do a small list at the end...):

1. It's been rainy and stormy for like 2 weeks now. I LOVE it!! It hasn't been every day solid. We had one 80 degree day in there somewhere and then a couple of the days have had scattered rain and sunshine. It's my favorite kind of weather! (Even though the cold air makes my leg hurt like you would not believe.) Yesterday's thunderstorm was incredibly loud and I was in heaven.

2. I don't know if it's the rain or what, but I'm in a fantastic mood despite having 4 days worth of a head ache and a sore knee, not to mention the ridiculous amounts of homework that seem to just keep piling up.

3. I had a fun night with my old friend Jenni on Friday. We rented "Be Kind Rewind" (it was funnier than I thought it would be) and played Super Mario Bros 3 on the Nintendo. Then we just talked for a bit. It was a nice little mini-vacation from all of the stress of school and everything else.

4. Shauna is giving her farewell on August 16th and it sounds like I'll be going! I'M SO EXCITED!! I can't wait to see Shellie again - I've missed them lots. Plus, this is my chance to check out the AZ and see how I feel about moving there, since that is still my biggest plan for post-graduation.

5. I'm kind of freaking out about graduating soon. I feel very unprepared and the fact that I don't have a solid plan yet is making me panic. And the more I think about it, the more I panic. It's a slippery slope, folks. (I know it doesn't really fit in the laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me list, but just trust me on this...)

6. My favorite band, Blue October, is going on tour - the Crazy Making 2009 Tour - again soon. I think they're playing in LA on August 5th and in Vegas on the 6th. Basically, I'm going. I just need someone to go with me, which I think Nicole said she was interested in. I'M SO EXCITED!

7. Apparently, Alli is going to be in the AZ for Shauna's farewell also. As of 1:44 am (why were you still awake Shauna??) we're planning a little mini roommate reunion. I just wish we could get everyone there like Ami and Aubree and Kelli, too!

8. I get 7 weeks in LA soon with the members of my family I haven't seen for a while and my friends. I'm way excited for that too. Oh, and I haven't seen the house lately (apparently the hard wood floors are in), so that will be fun. And I'm secretly hoping there will be peaches on the tree and berries on the bush still when I get there.

9. I realized today just how old fashioned I am. Honestly, in Ward Conference today I found myself thinking the exact same things the first counsellor in the stake presidency, Douglas S. Nielsen (who is probably old enough to be my grandfather), was saying (we were talking about kissing). Yeah. I should have lived in the 50's or something... But I like being that way. It makes me feel different and knowing my own limits is extremely comforting.

Now, for a Sunday nap. I've gotten good at those, lately.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

yay for you and alli possibly both coming to az!!

and seriously....no worries about graduating soon! i had no clue what i'd be doing afterwards, but everything will work out. Just keep all your options open and if you do your part, something will come along and work out!

and lastly, jealous of all the thunderstorms. i loove thunder! kinda scared of it, but love it!!

xoxo

KP said...

yay!!! i can't wait to see both you and alli!!!

aubree said...

haha shellie. i love it, that is hilarious haha i cant stop giggling. gigg.
man, that would be sweet to go down for shaunas farewell and have a reunion! i love our old apt people! it was the best!

totally loving the weather here too.. and we should totally hang out again soon too.