06 May 2009

At the Nature Preserve

On Friday night, my roommates Leslie, Lo, Kate and I were the only ones home so we decided to head out to the Nature Preserve on the other side of town (and by other side of town, I mean 5 minutes away) to feed the ducks.


The ducks weren't hard to find. Stay on the path and head toward the quacking. Luckily, Lo seemed to have a gift for finding the hungriest ducks on the planet. There were 4 of us and only like 6 of them and I still felt out numbered. Before long, I was the only one with bread left and I was attacked. By ducks.
It was a lot of fun, actually.

After we were done with the ducks we started driving back toward our apartment and saw this little neglected "park" - if you will. And by park I mean there were 2 swings, a slide and one of those roundy things most states remove because they're safety hazards. Well, what is a safety hazard anywhere else in the U.S. is merely a child's play thing in Idaho, so we hopped on for some pictures and laughs.



(starting with me, going left to right: Kate, Lo and Leslie)

All in all, it was a fun night!

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. Extra credit for seeing "Angels and Demons" for my humanities class. Because it's just me and 6 other girls (plus one male teacher) in the class we've already planned a girl's night/field trip to the REX. Maybe even IF, should we feel adventurous.
2. Hearing your voice. Even though you're emotionally stunted. And you frustrate me.
3. Papa Kelsey's run...FINALLY!
4. Really, honestly, truly going to Utah this weekend.
5. Getting e-mails from the Powers That Be on campus about graduating.

1 comment:

nison (nic + allison) said...

So so so fun! Nic and I love feeding the ducks - I even have my fav. one that's always there to greet me. He does "trick" for me. hehe Miss you!