11 May 2009

New Obsession

I absolutely love this chick.


Her name is Melody Gardot. I first heard her through the iTunes free single of the week, "Worrisome Heart" and loved it. Her new CD just came out, My One and Only Thrill. I just got back from Idaho Falls and buying it and I seriously can't stop listening. Her voice is so smooth and seems to be exactly how I would describe jazz. LOVE it. (Stella, I have a feeling you would adore her - and you'd sound amazing singing her songs.)

I don't have her first CD, but it's on my wishlist for when I can afford to get it.

I love everything about her - her voice, lyrics (all of which she either wrote herself or co-wrote), hair and glasses! I even love her coat in this picture!

Basically, I want to be her. Ok, not really. I want to be me with her talent and hair stylist. Ok. I just want my own hair stylist to do my hair for me every day.

Also, for anyone who is interested in the latest about my haunted room, here you go!

I went to Utah this past weekend and I haven't mounted my new mirror because I'm terrified of it shattering yet again. So it's been just leaned against the wall on the carpet since I bought it unless I'm checking myself out before I go to class - after which I promptly remove it from the tacks. Yeah. I came back from Utah and it was on the tacks. I was the second to last person to leave my apartment on Friday (we were all gone all weekend) and Leslie (the last person in the apartment on Friday) said she didn't touch it.

Freaky.

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. Katie finally e-mailing me back and then checking up on me today. She's amazing.
2. Humanities tomorrow...yay.
3. Applying for graduation today. That's right - I filled out and submitted my application.
4. Finishing Angels and Demons. I think it's better than The DaVinci Code. Honestly.
5. The truffles I got for Mother's day. Mom - the last truffle I ate had nuts in it. The other three? No nuts. Just the last one. And I ate them in a counter clockwise order, in case anyone was wondering...

2 comments:

KP said...

hiiii.
well i was glad to chat yesterday!
i hope you get to go to london, lauren....you would fit right in so well and would do great there. but if not.....come to AZ :)
love uuuuu.

c.j. said...

pretty much...you are amazing. why did we never talk before in french? gee, i was not smart! haha but i'm glad we found each other again in the class of a lifetime! thanks for the extra credit help. you rock. and your blog makes me smile!