02 May 2009

I Think My Room is Haunted

I hope you've all read "Schizophrenic Weather Part 2" - that will fill in a couple of blanks, I think.

For 3 years I've had a full length mirror in my bedroom that I move with me from complex to complex. I don't want to use the sticky stuff they sell at the store to mount the mirror because you can't ever get those things off the wall - trust me, there's one in my bathroom right now. So I found a way to side step that when I first bought the mirror. I use a row of heavy duty thumbtacks and some tape. I rest the mirror on the thumbtacks and tape the back of the mirror to the wall. I've NEVER had a problem with this method in 3 years of doing this.

When I came in from the hail storm on Thursday, I walked into my bedroom and found my mirror on the floor, shattered into many pieces! I was so sad! Here it is:


So, I went to buy myself a new mirror. WalMart only had one that had a funky line through the middle so I tried KMart and found one that was practically perfect and took it home, mounted it and called it good. Same method.

I went to dinner and a movie with the roomies - I highly recommend "17 Again" by the way, it was hilarious/adorable/with a really good message. ANYWAYS! I got home at like 11:30, got myself ready for bed, read my scriptures, said my prayers and was in bed around 12:30 (ridiculously late for me, for those of you who know my sleep habits during school.)

I haven't been sleeping very well lately, and since the roomies can get kind of loud, I've started using my ear plugs again. When I finally do sleep at night, it's either incredibly fitful sleep or I sleep so heavy I'm incoherent (right, KP?).

At 3:34 am I woke up and stared at my ceiling for a minute before I decided it would be safe to take out my earplugs. I leaned over to put them away and something looked ...wrong... in my room. And that was when I realized my mirror was not on the wall. I looked down and yep, you guessed it, it was shattered on my floor. It's not like my floor is hard or sharp or anything - it's carpet...WITH A RUG! I saw the same mirror fall over onto Hannah's head when she was like one and that mirror didn't shatter! WHAT THE HECK!?

So I just went and bought yet ANOTHER mirror - I had to go to IF to get one - and I've decided I won't be mounting this one. Ever.

And for those of you who have decided I now have 14 years bad luck for breaking 2 mirrors, I would offer you this consideration: I didn't break the mirrors. Once I wasn't even in my apartment when it happened and the other, I was beyond unconscious. Trust me. I slept through the crashing, shattering noises. The bad luck does not fall on me, here.

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. Some pretty cool ancestors. (Thanks, Uncle David!)
2. Chris. He's hilarious. And his pregnant wife is adorable!
3. My new "Talk Nerdy To Me" t-shirt. (Thanks, Grannie!)
4. Using this weekend to get ahead in my homework so I can party later. (Trust me, I'm excited.)
5. The Sonic car hops that don't know how to ride rollerskates but have to do it anyways...while carrying food and drinks. I swear that chick almost lost the tray of food.

3 comments:

SG said...

Oh my gosh! Maybe your room really is haunted....that is crazy! I had one mirror do that same thing a while back...it was sad. And I love how you had to go to IF to get a new one...Oh rexburg!!

Miss you Lauren!! Lets catch up soon!

xoxo

Lauren MacKenzie Conley said...

I swear it's haunted. My blow dryer stopped working yesterday out of NOWHERE! That thing is barely a year old!

nison (nic + allison) said...

What's with your creepy room?! Ah! I can't believe you had all of these mirror problems - craziness! I think your room is haunted...write about it!