18 May 2009

The Lists


On any given day I have at least 2 lists on 3x5 cards on my desk. One is a running grocery list because I almost always forget something when I go to the store - or the store doesn't have something I need so I leave it on there for next time. The other is a book list.

I have this massive project due on Thursday in my Humanities class and I'm stuck. I can't do anymore on it until I talk to Brother Jensen tomorrow. I decided to use the time I would have been finishing up my project to work on my homework for the rest of the week for my other 3 classes so I could dedicate myself anew to this massive (and aggravating) project once I have the information I need. Surprisingly, I got everything done for the rest of the week with the exception of half of my math homework and a reading assignment!! Hooray!

The best part? I finished all of that an hour before my "bed time!" So I pulled out my ice cream (thought of Shauna), pulled up the Barnes and Noble website, turned on my favorite iTunes play list and just perused the website looking for anything interesting or by my favorite authors. I found both!!

(Nicole - Anna McPartlin's latest is out in the states - As Sure As The Sun - did you know?)

Yeah, needless to say: I'm going to Barnes and Noble. Soon.

Plus, This weekend is a 4 day weekend so I'm trucking down to Utah again (hooray for not having to go to Ward Council at 8 am this approaching Sunday...) to see my Mom and Grannie! So I think I'll either stop in I.F. and pick up a book or 2 or head down to the one in Bountiful which sucks. Yeah. I'll probably stop in IF.

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. How the heck did Laura get my phone number??
2. MTC (and no, you bunch of Mormons - I don't mean THAT MTC).
3. Having a buddy literally right outside my window. And down one level. *waves* HI JENNY!
4. My sweetheart roommates that I adore.
5. Going to Utah this weekend. You can't see it now, but I'm dancing at the thought. And I never dance.
6. Ashley, Hannah, and Rachel coming to Utah soon. I get to see them, too! (Too bad Dan isn't coming. I was in the mood to give a foot rub. Better luck next time, friend.)
7. 86 degree high today. Gorgeous.
8. Shauna putting in her mission papers. WOO HOO! (Feel free to vote here for where she's going. I CALL NEBRASKA!!)
9. Bob the Beta sending me a text.
10. A very good phone call yesterday that brightened my day and my prospects for the next few months.
11. Finding so many things to be happy about despite the drama...

5 comments:

KP said...

bob wants you.

SG said...

i'm proud of you for pulling out the ice cream!!

miss you!!

nison (nic + allison) said...

What the heck is your calling in your ward? Miss you!

Lauren MacKenzie Conley said...

I make the bulletin for sacrament and the Bishop has requested that I be present at all ward council meetings.
grr.

Emily said...

I absolutely ADORE the 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear. of course, anything By Moers is good.