28 April 2009

Schizophrenic Weather

Yet again, I should be doing homework, but I have an appointment with the Bishopric in 15 minutes and that's not really enough time to be productive about my homework. So I decided to use these valuable 15 minutes to blog.

I don't understand Rexburg weather. I've been here for nearly 5 years and I still don't understand it. Last week the weather was beautiful; high 60's to low 70's almost all week. I was sweating walking to and from my classes and I actually thought, "sweet - it's nice already!"

I spoke too soon, folks.

It's been cloudy and gloomy - which I honestly love - since like Friday or so. And on Sunday I woke up and there was a very light dusting of snow on the ground outside. No biggie. Then today, I wake up and I'm getting myself ready after my shower and I opened my blinds and it was another cloudy day. I checked the ground to see if it had been raining or snowing and it was perfectly dry. I sat down, did my make up and I could hear rain on the window. I thought, alright - no white shirt today. I got up, changed my shirt and looked out the window and it was snowing. BIG snow flakes. Pretty, but frustrating. I finished my hair and make up, ate breakfast and headed out the door. It was sunny. Honestly, it had been about an hour since I got out of the shower. I drove to the parking lot by my building and it was raining. *sigh* I go through my class, and walk to the next class and it was sunny again. I walk to lunch with Nicole and it was raining, which quickly turned to hail as we reached devo. I walked to the library for a project meeting and it was sunny and kinda hot for someone wearing a snow coat (it seemed like a good idea at the time...). Now the sun is blinding me.

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. Boys that openly flirt with you, but don't ever do anything about it. Actually, that doesn't induce pleasant feelings in me. It frustrates me. But it's going on the list just because.
2. Starting my new books even though I so don't have time to read them.
3. My Humanities class. Honestly - it's almost as awesome as Brother Babcock's Brit Lit class.
4. Finding my knee brace. Finally.
5. Going to see my Mommy and Grannie this weekend. YAY! (Uh...did I tell you guys I was coming?)
6. The Variety Pack. (Thanks mom, for the fun nickname).

2 comments:

KP said...

wow....some how that weather just does not surprise me at all!
that will be very nice for you to see your mom and granny this weekend. have a safe drive please!
i am caling you soon. finals are next week. i am stressing.
i love you!!! :)

nison (nic + allison) said...

Not surprising...it was so so so nice here in KTown last week and now it's cold! I so know how you feel. It's Spring.......