17 April 2009

My Best Friend is a Genius!

I have this red blanket. I love it. I've washed it before - so when I put it in the wash with my most favorite blanket, I didn't think twice about it.

I pulled the blankets out of the washing machine and the washing machine was COVERED in red lint. So, I cleaned out as much as I could and put the blankets in the dryer and headed to dinner with Bryce, Nicole and Chelsea.

When we got back to my house, I pulled the blankets out of the dryer and lint came flying out at my feet from the lint trap. It was overflowing and looked like my blanket had exploded. The blanket looks fine - but the dryer wasn't. I showed Bryce the lint and he had a rather odd - and completely "Bryce" - idea: he wanted to make me a hat for my trip back to Rexburg.

He put the lint in a 9" x 13" pan with some fabric softener until the fibers had reconnected and then shaped them around a bowl that he decided was mostly the same size as my head. It was still super wet when I had to kick them out so I could go to bed so I could wake up at 4:15, so I threw the bowl on my head and took some pictures.


One of the crazies told me that I looked like a warrior, so here is my mean face:















It wasn't dry in the morning so I couldn't take it with me, but man, I loved that hat.

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. Having a very weird best friend who always puts a smile on my face.
2. Doctors who have dedicated their lives to helping make people well.
3. Katie. She's always there for me, even when I've been a sucky friend.
4. Prayer.

No comments: