09 April 2009

Another Option

You may have noticed (or not) that I've put a new poll on my blog: Should I get my Master's?

Chelsea and I were talking the other night and she asked if I was going to get my Master's. I've never even considered it!

I have had a bit of a pro/con list going in my head for the past few days about this.

The pros?
1. It would make sense, as I love school.
2. It's always a great idea for any career.
3. The Prophets have always said to get as much education as you can.
4. I would be the first among my siblings and parents to get a Master's degree.

ok...the last one isn't necessarily a "pro" - more of a bragging right.

The cons?
1. The cost.
2. It would be longer before I could actually start my career - which I SO want to do.
3. It's more school. I know it's on my "pro" list, but I get burned out toward the end of the year and I think going to school for a Master's would lead to the ultimate burn out.
4. The words "Master's Thesis" have me shaking with fear.

So, those are all of the points I've thought of over the past few days that I can remember as I'm posting this. Help me out here people. Take the poll. And if you think of a pro or a con, add it to my list via the "comment" button please!

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. A new resolution.
2. Shopping trip tomorrow. By myself.
3. My two super cute shirts from Chelsea.
4. Getting to see my mom and Grannie again in a few days. (*waves* HI!!)
5. My Barnes & Noble gift card from Kellie. It's getting used tomorrow, love.
6. Potench road trip during the 7 week break to see Shellie...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I say go for it. The longer you wait after you graduate to go back the harder it is. Trust me I have been think about it as well. And down the road you everyone will have a bachelors degree, to stand out you will at least need a masters.

KP said...

ELLE!! me and shauna have been talking this whole day about going to graduate school. wow...heck girl, i say DO IT! i know i am supposed to and i personally really think you should. you're such a great student and can do SO much more with a master's degree!! GO ELLE! love u! :)