07 December 2008

Goodbyes

It's the end of another semester and I've started saying goodbye to my friends up here and this year feels harder than any other year. So this is a shout out to some of the people I've hated saying goodbye to the most.

Katie "Favorite" Porter:
I think the nickname says it all. She is by far my favorite person EVER. I only spent about 9 months with Katie and she taught me so much. I've never felt a more instant connection with anyone in my life. She's my best friend (from day one) the world over and for the past several years I've felt like I've been missing half of my body because she's in North Carolina. The Sonic runs, the World Series, the wrestling matches, the jokes, Ultimate Ball, telephone dates, all the NC boys, the road trips...the fun never ended with Favorite. Even through the fights (you slapped me first) she's been my constant.

Allison "Bella Stella" Stewart (soon-to-be-Phair):
Alli was the bright spot in a lot of darkness for about 3
years. True I only got Fall (and one precious Winter) semesters with her, but it made summer worth it knowing I would live with Alli again soon enough. Talk about a good example! Alli helped me want to do so many things in my life better - probably without ever knowing it. I loved the late night chats, slumber parties, PK's runs (fricy spies anyone?), talking about all of our classes each night and teaching each other, incriminating situations with starbursts at parties, the religious discussions that taught me more than church ever had. I'm so glad you're happy Stella! (STEL-LA!)


Shauna "Na-na" Sargent: There are no words. Shauna is amazing. She introduced me to abbrevs, mc's, ice cream as any meal and in between, ridiculously dangerous driving, the wonder of the third, Millionaire Matchmaker, super late night tv, giggle, and how to laugh again. Shauna kidnapped and blindfolded me on my birthday and put up with my frantic screams of "HELP!" while we were parked next to a cop. The awkward boy stories that helped inspire "And Rob Just Stood There" are something I will treasure forever and hope to keep up. (yay blogging). I can't believe she's graduating and moving to New York - the town she was born to live in. Congrats Na-na. Miss you already.
Kellie "KP" Parisek:
The roommate I only had twice. She left me, but I still love her. From her freshman year she should have been living with us. I'm so glad Kellie and Shauna got to be such good friends because I never would have met her otherwise and what would my life be? Boring. Kellie talked me through a lot of hard stuff last summer like Gramps dying and all the Superman drama. Kellie is my second guinnea pig for my stupid book and I can't believe she actually volunteered for this! Miss you lots. Love you more. Bitter Bettys is all I have to say. Love.

These are just a few. Obviously there's tons more...other roommates, Superman, McMoviePhone, the apartment boyfriend, the back corner crew of Francais, my Franglais buddy, Diane and Ali and there will be more to come, I'm sure. Thanks for everything you guys.

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. The Muppets.
2. Clean Laundry.
3. THE LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL!
4. PK's tomorrow.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Lauren! I love you and will miss you!! I'm so glad we got to be roommates and good friends!! We will def be keeping in touch. There is no doubt that NYC and Seattle will be bringing some classic mc stories to contribute to "And Rob just stood there"...loves girl!

KP said...

this is so cute. i miss you!! :(
come to az and visit! lol