28 October 2008

The Little Things

Apparently I'm a blogging fiend! Sorry. :o)

So if any of you have been talking to me lately I've been a downer (to say the least) and I apologize. But I spent about 3 nights on my knees talking with Father in Heaven and woke up on Sunday feeling happier than I've felt in the longest time. I honestly feel like I'm back to the version of myself that I lost a few years ago and I can't stop smiling and laughing (ask Nicole).

To help celebrate this fun mood, I am committing to writing down the little things that have been making me happy. I'll do a pretty good list today and then - tagged onto the bottom of future posts - I'll include at least 3 things.

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. How when I hear Ian's chair slide back in Editing I know he wants to tell me something
2. Brother Babcock's Brit Lit class (angry people included)
3. Singing
4. The prospect of spending my life immersed in books
5. Reading
6. McMoviePhone (including, but not limited to his crazy laugh and quoting Monty Python in the middle of Brother Hansen's lecture about autonomous collectives)
7. Ben (hahaha)
8. The random ideas I keep getting for future stories and/or creative pieces that make me have to carry around my notebook and sleep with it by my alarm clock. Seriously.
9. My family that I can't wait to see soon!
10. Finally figuring out what God has been trying to teach me like 6 different times today (for like 6 different lessons. I'm not that retarded.)
11. Having my faith in prayer reconfirmed so forcefully I don't ever want to get off of my knees
12. The future niece (15% chance nephew) that I'll get to meet all too soon
13. The fact that my hair seems to attract the hands of everyone around me. Even complete strangers. No joke.
14. Paying $1.06 for an ice cream sundae
15. Yo-Yo Ma on The Colbert Report (priceless)
16. Being the Resident Shakespeare Expert in a class that is taught by a teacher who spent 15 years teaching Shakespeare on campus. Yep. :o)
17. How I'm completely free of worries that go anywhere outside of the 10-15 page research papers (one of them in French) that I have to write before the semester ends - and really, I'm not that worried about those yet.

Alright. I'll stop there. I thought about making it an even 20 but decided to leave it on an odd number in honor of Alli. Even though I doubt she reads this. hahaha. (miss you lady.)

1 comment:

Shauna said...

lauren, i'm glad that you are doing good! if you ever need anything or just want to visit...you know where to find me!