19 September 2011

My New Favorite Thing

Hello Blogging World! Long time no post.

This is going to be short because I'm already exhausted (and it is only 9:15).

I have this app on my Google home page that give me "Art of the Day" even though it refreshes and gives you a new piece of art whenever you leave the website. ANYWAY, I saw this and froze. She is gorgeous. The lines and the colors - not to mention the texture the piece (oil on canvas is one of my favorite mediums).

The piece is Boreas by John William Waterhouse, painted in 1902:


When I first saw it, I thought it looked vaguely familiar, but I knew I had never seen this before. So, I googled John William Waterhouse and figured out why this looked familiar. You may recognize this beauty:

Lady of Shallot. (This always reminds me of that scene in Anne of Green Gables.


Once I googled John William Waterhouse, I found SO MANY pieces that I love. I don't want to post them all, because that is ridiculous, but here are just two more that I wanted to share:




My Sweet Rose










and, finally, Ophelia

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. A great find.
2. I'll be blogging about my recent trips to Seattle. Someday. Soon. Ish.
3. Seeing Blue October in concert yet again. Chelsea and I sat down and figured out that we've been seeing them every 6 months for the last 2 years. I hope we can keep it up!
4. I bought a MacBook Pro and I LOVE it.
5. My new ergonomic keyboard for work. HEAVEN.

1 comment:

nison (nic + allison) said...

I have the same app! It is amazing. :)