13 July 2011

The (London) Temple

Day Two
The London, England temple is not in London. Actually, it is quite far from London considering it is called "The London, England Temple". The temple is actually in Newchapel and is farther from London than Surrey.

Regardless, it is breathtaking, as are the grounds. I wanted to go inside SO BAD, but, I'm not endowed, didn't have a limited-use recommend, and the temple was closed that day. Also, my cousins are absolutely NOT religious.

I was so moved walking the grounds that I had to wipe away tears more than once. There is such a strong Spirit at church sites in England; I'm not exactly sure why. It is definitely something I wish that everyone could experience.

I think I'll let the pictures speak for this post:






























Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. Francis and Linda can be a bit catty - even with each other. Poor Francis was constantly being compared to a pirate by her sister!
2. I bought a dress in Surrey this day - it is SO cute!
3. We went to the park in Surrey for a bit also. The schools were off for Easter break while we were there and the weather was actually quite hot, considering it was England.
4. Magnum bars.

No comments: