28 November 2010

The Grass May be Greener...But I Don't Care!

Of course I'm ecstatic that my brother got married. I am NOT ecstatic about the sympathetic looks I was getting all night long at the reception.

What the heck is it with Mormons that make them think that just because you're aren't married you must be miserable??

I began to count how many people told me that I would be next, but quickly gave up after 12. I got everything from sympathetic head nods followed up with the patronizing tones of "How are you?" to a full 10-minute "pep talk" from a guy who, quite frankly, gives me the creeps.

I never seem to notice that I'm single until someone points it out for me. And then, when they do, they make me feel like I'm doing something wrong. I don't get it; if I'm okay being single, why does it matter to everyone else?!?! I can almost understand why my parents want me to get married, or at least date someone, but to the creepers at the weddings who feel it is their obligation to "cheer up" the poor, single people: STOP IT.

Honestly, on those rare days that I actually do notice that I'm single and should probably care a bit more about that fact, the last thing I want is someone to point it out and then try to cheer me up about it.

It will happen when it happens people. Until then, LEAVE. ME. ALONE.

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. I love having bookshelves. More especially, I love having FULL bookshelves.
2. I have really cute nieces.
3. I got 2 whole days off of work.
4. Cute new blue shoes!

3 comments:

KP said...

ya live up the single life, seriously!
you have a great job, new car, you need to make plans to come to az and visit me asap :)
i love you!

Unknown said...

it doesn't stop once you get married! Then they start asking you when you are going to have kids! Like everyone has a say in that decision!!

A Little Somethin-soomethin from the Hillary Gallery said...

haha!! Lauren, really. More than 12 PEOPLE!? That's ridiculous. Love you!!
btw-I had to type "pingight" to send this comment.weird.