02 January 2010

An Epiphany


One of my all-time favorite movies is When Harry Met Sally. It's HILARIOUS. I don't own it (sad day, I know), so when it was on TV the other day, I recorded it so I could watch it later.

I did so today, and the STRANGEST thing happened!!

I was wondering a lot this past semester exactly WHY I liked John so much. It's not like he's necessarily my type. He's the physical type I like, but personality-wise he's the COMPLETE opposite of the kind of person I usual like, except for the biting wit and cynicism which I (naturally) LOVED. And then he turned out to be a real jerk, so I was REALLY confused. And today, about 5 minutes into When Harry Met Sally, I figured it out!

John is Harry!!

In EVERY single way. I was sitting there, cracking up, and realized that oh my gosh - THAT is why I liked John so much.

And then it happened again while I was reading my new book, The Demon King, by Cinda Williams Chima - a mere 23 pages in. I apologize if the following quote disturbs anyone:

"[His] kisses were intoxicating, and his embraces made her head swim.
It was more than that, though. He had a savage, cynical wit that picked apart the society that had birthed the two of them. He made her laugh, and little did these days" (23).

Like I said - strange. At least that's one John-related mystery solved.

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. KP is getting married in like 6 days.
2. I have my own personal pain-remover. He's hilarious.
3. Bryce asked who John was the other night at dinner and Jereme's quick reply was, "A jackass." I love it when Jereme swears.
4. The dream I had with my Matt/Elliot date that included Jereme stringing up John (who was tied up in a burlap sack) from the ceiling by his feet.
5. I went to Barnes and Noble today. Enough said.
6. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Secret of the Ooze. Michelangelo is my favorite.

1 comment:

KP said...

wow that sure is an epiphany!
oh john.
we all have a john i think.
mine was dallin lol. you know that :)
so funny.
i love you and miss you and wish you could be here for the happiest day of my life! BUT. i understand COMPLETELY why you wont be able to. freak. that is a pretty long drive and gas is so freakin much.
but know i love you and will be thinking about you on my big day, elle.
KISSES!!! :)

KP