28 November 2009

A Post-Thanksgiving Post

Happy (late) Thanksgiving, everyone!

I'm sorry I'm such a crummy blogger...it's been busy around here lately, so I hope you'll forgive me.

Just for updating purposes:
  • My brother is a great cook. He cooked me Thanksgiving dinner, and it was delicious. Don't worry, I returned the favor and made him peasant pasta tonight.
  • I got a full 5 days off of school and I'm miserable. Besides, my roommates (and the majority of the population of Rexburg) are all gone, so it's REALLY quiet. And it freaks me out.
  • We got the first real snow the other day. It was about 6 inches, I'd say, from what I had to plow off of my car. And my parking lot is now an ice skating rink. Trust me, I've gone for a few rides.
  • Hillary and I did 2 puzzles that she bought at D.I., and, of course, one of them was missing 13 pieces, but still. Oh, and the one that had all of the pieces glows in the dark! (And those are polar bears, Hillary, not panda bears.)
  • I finally got home-sick for the first time I can remember since I started college. It's not that I don't miss my family on a regular basis, but I FELT it everywhere over the past week.
  • I got a letter from my little sister, Carlee, and finally wrote her back. (I love getting letters letters...like, in the mail letters...)
  • I promised myself I would do all of my projects over this week. Haven't done a single one. Or my giant Humanities test that is due on Monday. Guess what I'm doing tomorrow!!!

Other than that...I refuse to post on the internet the intricate details. Hahaha.

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. I'm happy. I know, I know, that's ridiculously repetitive and redundant, redundant and repetitive.
2. Jessie allowing me into her house even though I literally rolled out of bed, threw on jeans and a bra, and pulled my hair back. Thanks Devro, for letting me steal her. And for the input. :o)
3. John is very patient.
4. The Blindside. What an AMAZING movie! WOW it was SOOO good! And, by the way, Sandra Bullock's accent is 100% contagious. ...For me at least; I don't know many other people who catch accents the way I do.
5. All the people who make me laugh all of the time.
6. School on Monday. I can't wait to get back to class and see my teachers and my friends and have something to do everyday. This is making me crazy.
7. I saw Brother Flora at WalMart today with his family and he said, "Ciao, Lauren!" and then looked really confused.

No comments: