13 September 2009

LBS

That's pronounced "Pounds."

Bryce, Scott and I started a band.

Thank you, Bryce, for being so bored at work every day and making this album cover for us...

How did this happen, you may ask? First, Scott had his pinky finger painted (this will make sense later...)
It all started when Bryce and I went to Disneyland. We had talked all day about how much Bryce loves Mama Mia. Honestly - the retard got ABBA songs stuck in my head ALL day long. He found out that I hadn't seen it and decided that after our first Beverly Hills excursion we would go back to his place and watch the movie. We only made it half way through before we were all exhausted and had to call it quits.

The next time we hung out, I painted Scott's second toe a lovely shade of pink, (thank you, Nancy!) for no good reason. We talked about how much we liked ABBA (and by "we" I mean mostly Bryce) and then Bryce got yet another genius idea - to start a band that had an ABBA feel to it. The first step was deciding that since ABBA got their name by using the first initials of each band member's names, was making our own name: LBS (pronounced "Pounds"). From there it was smooth sailing. Scott is a concert pianist, Bryce can sing and sorta play the guitar and I ...don't really know what I'll be doing. HAHAHA. Bryce said I can have a cowbell or tambourine. We're going to wear incredibly outlandish outfits (I love a good assonance) and - please keep in mind, I had NO hand in this part of the decision at all - we're going to all keep the second toe of our right foot painted. We'll change the color once a week. We're also going to keep our true nationalities a secret by speaking with different accents and having 3 different houses in 3 different countries that we rotate through. THE WORLD WILL NEVER KNOW!



Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. Bryce and Scott. These boys are amazing and I'm so glad I'm friends with them. They crack me up.
2. Scott's car dying. And then he thought I was sweet for giving his car a jump - like I would leave him stranded in Beverly Hills!
3. The boys have nasty toes. Scott has a gross big toe nail - I don't know why - and Bryce's pinky toe on his right foot is webbed and has 2 toenails on it. I swear to you - I've seen it.
4. Scott looks like Dr. Hodgins on Bones. No, really...look it up. It's freaky.
5. Without me, they'd just be BS.

4 comments:

c.j. said...

hahaha this is amazing.
love the last part, especially about laughter/happiness, etc..."without me, they'd just be BS." haha

Lauren Conley said...

it's true!

KP said...

this post made me laugh.
thats presh.
who the heck is scott tho?
you have never talked about him with me.
hmm. i thought i would knowk these things. :(
hhee.
umm.
i will pray for you to find a way to live here.
you could always crash at my parent's house until you find a job LOL
but for real.

Lauren Conley said...

oh, KP, I love you.
"but for reals."

Scott is a new friend. I met him at the beginning of the 7 week break. I didn't really mention him in AZ because ...why would I? hahaha.

I can tell you about him, if you'd like me to, though.