02 June 2009

Un Petit de Tout

On Sunday we had a really stormy sky, so around what would have been sunset (if you could have seen the sun) Leslie, Lo, Katie and I went outside to take some pictures in the neighbor's field. I think they turned out pretty good...

Me, Lo, Leslie, and Katie


I registered for classes at midnight this morning and did the all-in-one-day deal. I was so frustrated because I tried to sign up for my advanced editing course for this semester when I was living in Seattle and it wouldn't let me register because there were two sets of prerequisites listed and I didn't meet one set, but I met the other. I had to email the teacher and then decided not to take the course during this semester. Well, last night, I ran into the same problem. I'm actually a little glad this happened when I was in Seattle first so I didn't go into full panic mode this time around. I just emailed the teacher and asked him to add me to the roster for the Fall. His name is Brother Allen and he teaches the class right before mine on Tuesday/Thursday mornings, so today I stopped him and introduced myself and he went straight to the computer and added me right there. So I'm all set! YAY for no classes on Tuesday/Thursday.

Can I just say how much I adore the teachers on this campus? Sure, there's some teachers that aren't my favorite people, but they're all intrinsically good. My old Young Women's advisor's daughter emailed me this past week to see if I could help her get sorted for her Junior year of High School with what classes she should take if she wants to be a poet and if I had any information about how to get published. I didn't - I'm not going to lie. So I emailed one of my professors - who was the Dean of the Language and Letters department a few years ago - and asked him who I should go to. He emailed me three names of English teachers who are also published poets. I knew all 3 so I emailed them and without hesitating they offered to help this girl in any way they could. They all asked about me - specifics about me - even though I haven't seen them in 1 year (Brother Richards), 4 years (J Pappy) and pretty much ever (Brother Bennion, who is my advisor here, but I just talk to Paula cause she's got all the answers to every question EVER)! This is why I love this campus. The classes are small enough for the teachers to know who you are and really form a relationship with you. It rocks.

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:

1. Getting all registered for my final semester of college.

2. Making poor Brother Jensen blush at least once every Tuesday/Thursday.

3. Going to Utah this weekend to see Grannie, Mom, Ashley, Hannah and Rachel. It's going to be AMAZING!

4. Playing Nintendo's powerpad Olympics last night for FHE and doing fairly well considering I haven't played since I was like 10.

5. Finding my word search book. (It freaks me out how easy these things have always been for me.)

6. Justin Furstenfeld. SING IT JUSTIN!!

No comments: