02 April 2009

So Long, Seattle!

Okay, so this post is a little late, but here it is, nonetheless.

Because Ashley and Dan were blessing Rachel, the families came up and we helped move them to their new apartment (2 blocks up). That was on Friday. On Saturday though, the Conley's went and walked around downtown Seattle. Karissa's brother Lyn and his wife, Angie and their 2 kids met us at Pike Place Market and we walked around with them for a bit. It was way fun!

I love Pike Place Market. I've only been 3 times (maybe?) and I wish I had gone more. This last time was by far my favorite time though because the daffodils were finally in bloom and EVERYWHERE! They had them in planters lining the outsides of the buildings and the flower section of the market was full of b-e-a-utiful daffodils!! There were some that were multi-colored, instead of just traditional yellow. (I'm a sucker for the traditional ones, though.)

We got to see the fish shop that throws the fish and they were actually throwing fish around at one point. Of course, that was before I could pull my camera out to get a shot of them, but that's how it goes.

Then down the market a ways there was a flower shop that had rainbow colored roses!!! They're not very pretty (I'll take traditional, once again, please...) but still, they were cool!

And as we were heading back toward the car I saw the club that Blue October was doing their show at in Seattle. I didn't see them in Seattle, I saw them in Salt Lake City, but that is a story for a different post...


After Pike Place Market we did an undergound tour of Seattle. We passed the sunken ship parking garage that is pretty cool.
















I didn't know Seattle had such an interesting past. And our tour guide was ...interesting... All in all, it was a fun day. The downside? Having to leave the Masons.

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. Tour dude who said things like, "Da Delaney Corporation" and couldn't speak properly.
2. Trying to find Dad church clothes... oh geez.
3. "Hello Emerald City, what's doin, what's happenin?!" (Bonus points for whomever can identify what that quote is from.)
4. Ellen DeGeneres playing a nun on "Will and Grace."

No comments: