14 January 2009

Road Trip 2009

Alright, this will be my last post from Southern California for a while! (YAY!)

Nicole and I are heading to Menlo Park, California (by San Francisco) on Friday. We're planning on leaving around noonish and getting to the Mason's house around 6 or so. I'm so excited to see Ron and Cheryl and THANK YOU for letting me and my psychotic friend stay with you guys. (I'll try to keep her under control, I promise.)

Here is the best part! I was mapping out different routes to take for this road trip when I noticed the freeway we need to take goes RIGHT through Medford, Oregon. But not Klamath Falls, where Alli and her husband Nic live. They were going to live in Medford, but decided on K-Town instead. So I sent Alli a text telling her it was a shame she didn't live in Medford because I would be there on Saturday. And guess what, SO ARE THEY! I've decided God hears even our smallest prayers because I've been so sad that I didn't get to go to Alli and Nic's wedding and haven't even MET my BFF's Hubby yet, let alone seen said BFF since I DON'T KNOW WHEN and here we are, meeting up on Saturday for lunch. YAY.

So after our little lunch date (SO EXCITED) Nicole and I are going to head to Portland for the night where we're staying at the DoubleTree Hotel. It looks way nice for the price AND it's basically in downtown Portland. The website says it's 5 minutes from downtown. The rooms are either a City Skyline view or a Cascade Mountain view. So we're planning on getting into the hotel, fixing ourselves up a bit and taking a night out on the town. There's an Irish pub I want to go to for dinner - but that's still up in the air.


The last little leg of our trip will only take about 3 hours or so, so we're not going to rush leaving Portland. We'll take our time and get to Seattle - where Dan, Ashley, Hannah and the little baby that isn't born yet will be waiting - before dinner. Can I just say how excited I am to see these crazy Masons??

Nicole's flight doesn't leave on Monday until like 4-ish, so we can even go exploring around Seattle for a bit before we have to get her to the airport. HOORAY!!

Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. SEEING ALLI, MEETING NIC! (It's a tie.)
2. Booking our hotel.
3. Seeing every single Mason I get to see.
4. Taking Nicole with me on this one, for once.
5. A clean car (for the time being).
6. Everyone being so happy with their lives right now.
7. KP exploring career options.

2 comments:

SG said...

Okay, your road trip sounds like SO much fun!!! And i'm glad you'll be able to see alli and nic this weekend--super fun! Um, travel safely....and can't wait to hear about Seattly babyyyy! loves.

KP said...

yay for your lil roadtrip...you guys will have a blast! im so excited for this new adventure of yours. can't wait to hear about seattle. now i get to hear about happenings from two cool cities in the USA...nyc and seattle!
umm and it makes me happy that my thinking about my education makes you happy. thanks for being you elle :) love you!!!!!!!
oh and ps..BE SAFE. you BETTER call or text me to let me know you arrive safe!!