22 January 2009

My New Favorite Place...

Is definitely the DoubleTree Hotel in Portland, Oregon.

You go to a hotel expecting a bed that is sunken in in the middle with questionable sheets and barely enough room to walk around, right? That's what Nicole and I were expecting.

We rolled into Portland around 6-ish after a VERY long day of driving (we got on the road at 7 in the morning). It was a beautiful and eventful day, don't get me wrong. We drove through Shasta City, California and it was GORGEOUS going through some of the passes and such on our way to Medford. Then we stopped in Medford to meet up with Alli and Nic - SO fun - and while it was a good break I'd already started to get a head ache and forgot to take pills into the restaurant so by the time we finished and got back in the car I had a full blown migraine. Nicole took over the driving and we rolled through more gorgeous scenery, I said some pretty stupid stuff like, "Where there's food there's gas" (don't ask). And we made it to Portland in one piece - despite Nicole's erratic driving. Nicole kept an eye on the car and I went to check us in since the room was under my name. It was pretty busy and there was just one manager behind the desk trying to help the 7 or so people waiting in line and a woman on the phone plus someone buying something from the gift shop. He finally got me and I told him to take his time - I was in no hurry. When he finally got around to me he thanked me for my patience and pulled up my reservation. I was talking with a guy and a little baby while he was getting me all squared away and when he finally got me checked in he smiled at me, told me the price of parking, and said, "You're in luck. Your room is compliments of me, enjoy your stay."
This is what Nicole and I walked in to:




Pretty suite, huh? (Lame pun, I know.)



And of course, you can't be in a bed that big without taking a few flying leaps...


I put the fancy-shmancy suite down to my being a leggy blonde. OK, OK! There is a possibility it was because of my patience.

So we went to check us out and the manager from check in had comped us our parking, so the normally $18 fee didn't get charged.

Grand total for the hotel: $47.79 a piece.
Things that induce laughter/smiles/happy feelings in me today:
1. My niece who is one smart little almost 2 year old.
2. The unborn baby that I can egg on and play with even though she's not actually born yet.
3. Not missing you. One bit. For the first time in I don't know how many years.
4. Downtown Seattle.
5. My brother-in-law and sister.
6. Ben.
7. A new single's ward!!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

SO fun.
ummm....post pics of SEATTLE!!
i want to hear about it all!